The job market seems as hot as ever. As a result, I’ve had a few interesting free-to-play related jobs flitter through my inbox this week.
David Perry, Chief Creative Officer of Acclaim (in that company’s new, F2P-only format) and Kyra Reppen, SVP of Nickelodeon, send word of very compelling vacancies in their respective companies. Nickelodeon’s posting is based in LA whereas Acclaim seems open to remote-work scenarios. Kudos to Acclaim!
I promised I’d post their opps on freetoplay.biz. Click through for the full text of each posting.
Company: ACCLAIM GAMES, Inc.
Job Title: DIRECTOR OF PRODUCTION
Description: This is a very important Director role at Acclaim, which is now the biggest free-to-play American games publisher.
Note: We accept resumes for other levels of production also.
Skills we value (the more on the list below, the better):
– Experienced producing large scale multiplayer games.
– Experienced producing MMOG, MMORPG games.
– Experienced producing Flash / casual / mass market based games.
– Experienced producing Social / Facebook / MySpace Games.
– Experienced producing Avatar based games.
– Experienced with free to play / micro-transactions / virtual item sales.
– Experience with in-game advertising techniques.
– Experience working with both domestic & foreign development teams.
– Experience reporting to and strategizing with the top levels of management.
– Experience pitching and presenting projects & plans
– Understanding of Web marketing techniques (SEO, Viral etc.)
– Experience managing staff that directly report.
– Educational accolades add value also.
– Must be willing to travel globally to represent the company.
Salary is based on experience.
Minimum Package contains stock options, bonus, full medical, dental, vision etc.
Los Angeles is definitely preferred (our headquarters are in Hollywood), however Acclaim is an extremely forward-thinking company with staff all over the world, and we have no issue with you working from any location in the world. (So moving is not required.)
Company: MTV Networks
Job Title: VP, Production, Nickelodeon Kids & Family Virtual Worlds Group
Nickelodeon Kids & Family Virtual Worlds Group
Nickelodeon Kids & Family Virtual Worlds Group which oversees an exciting pipeline of virtual world and casual MMOG development, based in Los Angeles, seeks a Vice President to manage production across multiple titles.
The recently announced Nickelodeon Kids & Family Virtual Worlds Group manages all company virtual world initiatives for kids, tweens, teens and families, including the original youth-oriented virtual community of Neopets, Nickelodeon’s online playground for kids, Nicktropolis and all new initiatives. The group will focus on the innovation of the company’s existing worlds with projects like World of Neopia (working title) and of the expansion of Nicktropolis with a premium layer. It will also develop original properties like the recently announced Monkey World and others based on Nickelodeon properties.
• Manage ‘studio’ across resources, budgets, scheduling and outside vendors
• Directly manage producers and resource managers (both development and live teams)
• Ensure on time and on budget delivery of multiple concurrent products
• Work closely with Creative Director and head of Marketing to ensure products meet their objectives
• Partner with technology team to ensure collaborative and efficient working environment
• Foster collaboration and cross-functional team building
• Lead and adapt production processes across the organization
• Identify, hire and manage outside vendors and contract resources and budgets
• Manage development, milestone and release schedules
• 5-10 years of games industry experience, with MMOG experience a plus
• Experience managing producers and leading / motivating cross-functional teams
• Successful track record for launching games on time, on budget and meeting creative and marketing objectives
• Exceptional verbal / written communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong technical and business acumen