[This post originally appeared on Adrian Crook’s Freetoplay.biz site.]
From this article: Gaia looking to sell?
It would certainly make sense given the post-penguin acquisition fever. Gaia Online is the very popular anime hangout for US teens. And they’re boasting some excellent numbers these days:
- World’s fastest growing hangout for teens.
- #2 forum with 1 billion posts, over 1M posts yesterday, 2M monthly unique visitors.
- Avg simultaneous users 64K. 3x growth since May 2006.
- Avg minutes per session: 48 – Beating MySpace, Facebook, Habbo, Runescape, Puzzle Pirates
- 85% US users, 55% female audience, 300k users log in daily.
- .5m uniques a month this time last year, now doing 2.5m uniques/month.