What is AC+A Development?
For seven years and over 100 clients, our mobile game development team of best-in-class designers, artists, programmers, product managers, composers and support personnel have consistently fulfilled the needs of companies such as Electronic Arts, Zynga, Ubisoft, Microsoft, Panasonic, Capcom, American Express and more.
Many developers offshore portions of your project to save costs. This lowers the price, but also lowers the quality of your product. AC+A produces every aspect of development internally and with trusted partners, so you know your project is in good hands.
AC+A’s development team comprises industry veterans who know the best practices that will save you time and money, delivering the product you want, on time and on budget. Using creative and technical specifications from our industry-leading designers, AC+A Dev curates your project’s ideal development team from our deep bench of talent, addressing your toughest challenges head-on.
- "Not only does Adrian Crook & Associates have some of the premiere minds in the world of social and casual game design, their business development skills and general entrepreneurial acumen are off the charts. You want these guys, no, you *need* these guys if you're doing anything in casual, social, free-to-play -- whatever. Just get them."Raphael van Lierop, Founder & Creative Director Hinterland
- "Adrian Crook & Associates has a deep list of all star talent to call upon."Kerry Choe, Project Manager Binary Event Network
- "I'd recommend Adrian Crook & Associates to clients who are looking for help with detailed design in the social and online space."Kerry Whalen, Sr. Producer Ubisoft
- “Hire AC+A for a few months; you will not regret it. They felt more like team members than outside consultants.”Scott White, Studio Vice President Aspyr Media Inc.
- “Adrian Crook & Associates is my go-to whenever I get in a pinch and need someone to come in and drive an emergency project -- regardless of scope or subject matter."Michael Waite, Executive ProducerZynga
- “I would recommend AC+A to any groups thinking about free-to-play, and building and taking to market a winner!”Deepa Arora, Director of Emerging MarketsEA SPORTS
Why use AC+A Dev?
Over the past seven years, no other consultancy has been under the hood of more industry-leading products than AC+A. We deeply understand the development challenges of projects at all phases, from concept to launch to post-launch.
It’s this expertise that enables AC+A Dev to identify and solve all the biggest gotchas in your game’s development.
At AC+A Dev, we:
- Customize the optimal team for you, using our high-end resources to staff up a group that will deliver within your budget and schedule parameters;
- Bring you peace of mind knowing you’re paying for the best resources and only as much as you need from them – and not paying bloated studio overhead rates;
- Maintain consistent access to a live build of your project throughout our development, allowing you to provide constant feedback along the way;
- Create an App Store strategy that caters to “white space” and uses advanced ASO (App Store Optimization) techniques to decrease your marketing costs;
- Provide quality benchmarks, highlighting where your project has to be to meet and exceed its category’s art, playability, and UX standards;
- Validate your project’s market using leading industry intelligence, coupled with our own data, to ensure your business assumptions are correct;
- Define and refine your go-to-market strategy to avoid over- or under-investment or misallocation of funds;
- Arm you with data by implementing the right metrics, then educating your team on which metrics matter and what a healthy KPI (Key Performance Indicator) is for each;
- Deploy experienced quality assurance testing resources, conduct focus groups, perform A/B tests, and more to eliminate unwanted surprises and optimize for launch; and
- Develop and manage your live operations (LiveOps) strategy, allocating budget and resources to delivering post-launch content, event management, and more to keep retention and monetization trending upward.
AC+A Dev addresses these issues before they cripple your efforts, allowing you to stay focused on your business and creative vision.
Anyone can make a game.
We know how to make a game successful.
Ready to get started? So are we!
AC+A understands the intricacies of creating a strong core game loop and have developed a solid pipeline to overcome the unique challenges presented by every project. Contact us now to find out how we can provide solutions to your project’s toughest problems.
Fill out this form to request a free quote or ask us a question:
AC+A Dev Management Team
Each of our Directors are leaders in their disciplines, with proven track records of delivering the results expected in their roles.
Adrian Crook is an award-winning game designer and producer with over 20 years’ experience in the social, casual, and core games sectors, where he’s credited on dozens of titles. In January 2008, he founded Adrian Crook & Associates, a game design and strategy consultancy with over 100 top-ranked international clients to date. Adrian is an advisor to several game industry firms, a creative mentor at Execution Labs, and is an experienced and highly sought-after speaker at conferences and in the media.
Karl is a full stack developer with deep experience in both mobile (iOS, Android, PlayStation Mobile) and core (AAA) games. Karl has shipped and supported numerous titles, playing a leading role in feature development, live operations, UI, gameplay, graphics, optimization, and more. Karl Schmidt’s previous titles include Senior Software Engineer and Lead Mobile Software Engineer at various leading game developers and publishers, such as DeNA, Relic Entertainment, Eruptive Games and YMC Network.
Tony Lam is a Partner at Adrian Crook & Associates. Previously, he was a Principal at Vanedge Capital, a $138M venture capital fund where his area of focus was on investments in interactive entertainment and digital media. There, he served on the board of Playnomics (mobile game analytics) which was acquired by Unity Technologies. Tony has over 20 years experience in the video game sector having held senior executive positions with Electronic Arts and Microsoft and was the COO for Reinvent, Inc.